I have shared several times on this blog, “I am thankful.” There are so many things I am thankful for and there is no better time to share than Thanksgiving.
1. I am thankful for a mighty Lord to bless us with all the opportunities given to us, especially the latest blessing, Zayden Gray Vinson.
2. Baby sneezes, because they are the most precious thing a newborn can do. Seriously, it makes me oh and aw every little sneeze.
3. I am thankful for fertility drugs and procedures. As crazy as the drugs make you with mood swings, hot flashes and other random side effects, I am thankful for the outcome they can bring.
4. Our doctor’s/nurses and the wisdom given to them to help get us through the past 6+ years.
5. Our support system. We have been overwhelmed with family, friends, coworkers, church family, wedding clients, and complete strangers that have gone over and beyond to support us.
6. A fairly “easy” pregnancy and labor. Despite all odds, some struggles through it and a major backache, we made it through that pregnancy and labor like a breeze.
7. All the babies we lost over the years. ❤️
8. Etsy, because we’ll sometimes you just need that custom dinosaur height chart and you just don’t have time (or creativity) to do it myself.
9. A husband who is not only supportive and helps any chance he can get, but he has also become a master at changing dirty diapers.
10. A profession that can be flexible and the best clients a photographer could ask for.
11. Loving dogs that easily transitioned to having a newborn brother and only overwhelming him with kisses every other day.
12. Eye contact with our baby boy. Gosh, when he looks at me with his eyes wide, my heart just melts and melts.
13. Meal trains and freezer meals. If we didn’t have either of these during the first few weeks postpartum, we would be eating cereal for every single meal.
14. Parents that live (probably) a little too close. 😊 But always willing for a friendly stop by and to love on sweet baby Z and it’s just an added plus they will bring food or beer each visit.
15. A home that truly feels like our home.
16. Bouncy balls, because let’s face it..sometimes Zayden wouldn’t have fallen asleep, unless we had that giant thing to bounce him to sleep.
17. Baby baths. I have never seen a baby more relaxed than when Z is sprawled out in a warm bath!
18. The ability to breastfeed and pump. This was one of my biggest fears, that my body wouldn’t produce what it needed to, but so far I’ve been blessed with the ability to do so.
19. Night lights to guide clutzy me throughout a dark house, with Baby Z.
20. Restless nights, because it means there is a reason to be restless and that reason is the best thing ever.
21. Zayden falling asleep on my chest. I may be one of those weird mom’s that encourages this forever because right now it is my favorite thing to do, cuddle and let him fall asleep on my chest.
22. Bassinets right by the bed, so I can check on him any time throughout the night I need (or should I say want to).
23. Time for the body to heal. The body is a crazy, intricate creation and to imagine you have the ability to create a little human is pretty incredible. But this body also needs time to heal and I am thankfuln to have that time to do this.
24. Blogs, to get out all these thoughts in my head but to also have a space to tell our story and help others on their journey.
25. I am thankful for infertility struggles. I used to take pregnancy for granted. It seems like everyone can get pregnant pretty easily, right? Well, I was wrong and now I don’t take such a precious gift for granted.